среда, 4 апреля 2018 г.

English

                                                         My dream job (Pilot)

The job of a pilot is difficult and risky, but prestigious. Airline pilots often travel thousands of kilometers and can find themselves in a different time and climate zones every day. They see all parts of the world and get to know new people almost all the time. But a pilot also faces problems. They often suffer from jet lag and can become tired when flying through different time zones. They spend many days away from home and their families.
Although many people think it is a real dream job pilots must be responsible people because they have the lives of up to a few hundred passengers in their hands. They have to have hundreds of hours of training before they can do their job. Pilots must remain calm in dangerous situations and always have to make the right decisions. They need to see and hear perfectly. About 60 % of all pilots fly commercial airplanes, the rest fly cargo and private planes, as well as air force planes.

There are many things that a pilot must do before he or she flies a plane. They must check out weather conditions on the flight path and around the landing area. They also have to check flight plans, fill in forms and do a lot of paperwork. Before takeoff pilots brief their crewand do a complete check of the airplane to see if everything works the way it should. Pilots must calculate how much fuel they have to take with them.


Թարգմանություն
Modern Stories : Sleepovers



Let us enjoy reading this one of Modern Stories of Sleepovers

Daisy is the new girl at the school. Most of her classmates are friendly, except for bossy, stuck-up Chloe. Having Chloe as a friend is hard work, but having her as an enemy would be far worse. 

So when Chloe issues the great sleepover challenge, Daisy is desperate to take part. 

"Guess what!" said Amy. "It's my birthday next week and my mum says I can invite all my special friends for a sleepover party." 

"Great," said Bella. 

"Fantastic," said Chloe. 

"Wonderful," said Emily. 

I didn't say anything. I just smiled hopefully. 

I wasn't sure if I was one of Amy's special friends. Amy and Bella were best friends. Chloe and Emily were best friends. I didn't have a best friend yet at this new school. 


Well, it wasn't quite a new school. It was quite old, with winding stairs and long polished corridors and lots and lots of classrooms, some of them in Portakabins in the playground. 

I still got a bit lost sometimes. The very first day I couldn't find the girls' toilets and went hopping round all playtime, getting desperate. But then Emily found me and took me to the toilets herself. I liked Emily so much. I wish she could be my best friend. But she already had Chloe for her best friend. 

I didn't think much of Chloe. 

I liked Amy and Bella though. We'd started to go round in a little bunch of five, Amy and Bella and Emily and Chloe and me. We formed this special secret club. We called ourselves the Alphabet Girls. It's because of our names. I'm Daisy. So our first names start with A B C D and E. I was the one who spotted this. The secret club was all my idea too. 

I always wanted to be part of a special secret club. It was almost as good as having a best friend. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий